Thursday, April 16, 2009

I am Waiting.......


Again i'm back, back to my place,
Fast, pacy,lively as ever, it is
But there seems a conspicous unrest
a race, an unending race to say
has engulfed it's serenity.
Monotonous in spirit,
Azoic in conduct.

As i moved on, i saw
A docile ricksaw being bullied by a contumacious benz,
A meagre scooter being abused by a massive lorry,
A miserable hawker getting slapped by a mighty cop.
A hooligan mob or a bunch of rowdies???
I couldn't decide.

Can't we just rest for a while,
Take a deep breath
Hold our hands,listen to each other.
Make way for each other, be polite
and cross the bumpy road...

Turn off all the engines,
Put the lights off
Let the corner tree breathe for a while
and the road unwrinkle itself.
liberate morality from mindless fanaticism.
Let the red be red
and the blue be blue......

Am i advocating Inactivity?
I don't think so..
I just want us to be our trueself
Let us be complementary
rather than being competitive..
give space to our contemperories
Perhaps,
we can take a cue from nature.
Always still, silent but progressive
Each bird, each leaf and each husk,
Betting for each other..
Let us be the same........

I may be asking for too much, or
I may sound irrational, non-progressive,or
you can say i am a dreamer, but
As a poet , this is what i do..
I dream.
Let us all share this dream and
Move forward....
I have taken the first step,
How far behind are you?

Hurry up !!!
I am Waiting.....................

7 comments:

Bright Shade Of Darkness said...

its a class act as usual nd very heart touching showing katyayan in it?
wel its just a co incident only
i was missing my place last week nd i hve written one in hindi with same theme but ya class like this is nt at all there/

SRIJAN SHUKLA said...

A GOOD ONE...
AN AWESOME COMPOSITION...
A MARVALOUS EFFORTS....
AN ENTHUSIASTIC POST....
A MOTIVATIN EFFORT....


THOUGH I DONT THINK THAT IS ENOUGH
BUT
THATS ALL IN MY VOCABULARY...
FOR THIS POEM.....

तुषार भारद्वाज said...

amazin yaar,really a good effort in describing what we see everyday but ignore it.
Really gud one.

तुषार भारद्वाज said...

amazing ,there is nothing that I can say about this wonderful composition of words.

RavS said...

I hope u don't find my all comments the same!!...

alright, now.. yes ofcourse i believe that in this cut-throat competition we are leaving our true identities behind.. just going for the unrealistic goals madly, not even knowing if we will reach there or not... its time for some meditation to know ourselves inside-out..

a hint of advice: its good that u are increasing ur vocabulary and adding them into ur poem.. but not every one knows the meaning of every english word.. especially in a non-english speaking world like ours... so i think u could give the meaning of those words at the beginning or end of the post...

U have taken the first step..
Now, don't look back..
March forward..
I am with you..


RavS

Sandy said...

I jus simply hope that every single person in the world reads this cos these words got the power to change them, THE BEST so far from ya KT!

hero wero zero said...

sandy , so nice of you to say that ..u r one gem of a person...so glad dat u liked it..it's definitely one poem really close 2 ma heart