Monday, January 16, 2012

The Last Poem



Before My words loose their sheen
My hands shiver and tremble,
The ink chokes my pen or
the blood in my veins chokes the heart,
Let me scribble for the last time.


The other day,
when i looked into your eyes,
they didn't say anything,
i waited for answers,
yes for old times sake i waited.
I waited for the right words,
buti guess I've forgotten their jargon or
probably you didn't teach me well.
They didn't twirl or glance at me.
Still, lifeless they were, as if
they don't recognize me anymore.


Listen,My words feed on you.
when you raise hands they dance,
They chuckle when you smile and
Your eyes give them enlightenment.
Today i have no rhyme, its all raw.
Without you it seems
the symphony is just not there.


Time has come,though it waited for long.
It was just that i wasn't strong.
I just wanna sway away with you
on these words, across these feelings
far beyond where time stands still.
I wish life had been a fairy tale
so,i could offer it all my dreams.
or i wish life had been a prose
butit turned out to be a withered rose.


I remember,
once you said, "Poets are miserable."
yes, without you I am.
for i am too ordinary without you,
its you who manifest all my creations,
disguise in my vocabulary
and run through my rhymes.
Yes,you never failed me as a Poem.


But I won't diminish, i won't die.
till you shine in my stanzas,
dazzlein my dreams
and pop up in my puns.
I Won't die, this poet won't die.
I will rise like phoenix with wings of hope and fly.


As we part, I wish i could give you more
as you have given me.something precious,
but what could be more precious to me than you?
so, i kneel down and offer you all i have got,
a handful of words and countless emotions.
as a parting gift,i dedicate to you MY LAST POEM.

9 comments:

Bright Shade Of Darkness said...

hmm.....uski sadi ho rahi hai kya??????????????????

hero wero zero said...

@vk..yaar, isse poem ka kya lena dena? poem pe comment manga tha.
:D
Its a hypothetical poem with no resemblance to reality.

SRIJAN SHUKLA said...

well wat ever u write each time u bring some unique style in ur writng thts wat i lyk so much abt ur poems..thts y i asked u please do write somthng....keep postng...i still remember our last discussion abt ur poems when u told me tht u r palnning to write ur last poem i was amzed really cursed u alot since then i couldnt believe u did ths to u....nt much ppl get ths talent n those who hav r dumping it....well seriously not happy with our decision....Bye MIDNIGHT SUN i believe ur soul rest in piece.....--@

with my best regards
SRIJAN SHUKLA

hero wero zero said...

@srijan..
well, first of all i wasn't very sure about posting this poem coz i didn't want you all to get to wrong conclusions.
The idea of 'last poem' for a poet is really intriguing to me. The very thought of writing the last poem is like retirement for a cricketer from the cricket field. That's why i wrote it.
Poems are all about inspiration hence wen the inspiration dies, the poem dies too.
Finally, the last poem doesn't mean its going to be my last. Rest assured about that.

@EVERYONE..
This poem bears no resemblance to my personal life. Its just an exaggerated version of a failed poet :);):D
Please bear with the uneasiness caused by this piece of mine.

RavS said...

Well it took 2 years to come. But I would say it was worth the wait. I said a long time ago that you take your poems as projects. And I believe this was one that was well executed.

Srijan is right when he says that you always bring some new and unique style in your writing.

I have been trying to write a few lines myself in recently (OK, nowhere near your level but a 'poet' alright :). And I can totally understand what inspiration means for a poet. As, everyone can write a few ryhming lines but to actually make something worth sitting down and reading requires inspiration. So the stanza "I remember, once you said..." was my favorite. Especially the last line "Yes, you never failed me as a Poem" was just the heart and soul of this poem, for me.



And well, I understand it may not have any resemblance to your life, but every poem starts with an idea, a theme and somewhere it must be connected to your life/experiences (it's always for me :) because I don't think such a good poem can be written without any connection :)

@VK uski shaadi hue to kai saal ho gaye :D

@Srijan Don't worry bro, it's not his "Last poem". It's just a poem titled "Last poem" :)

RavS said...

I also see that you have changed the look and feel of the blog. Well it looks better than the previous one. So good.

But I would say to remove this approval thing from the comments. You can always delete the comments you don't like.

hero wero zero said...

@ravs..
Thanks for such precious set of words. Even though I wasn't very sure about the flow in the poem but as it turns out from your comments, its not bad. :)
Abt the inspiration for this poem, Its definitely a very precious poem for me.I look at it as a precious gift ;)

Unknown said...

Really a unique poem describing a poet's dilemma of losing the inspiration to write. I literally feel those lines.. Maybe because I can connect to that feeling. At times in life, everybody seems to give up things that we really enjoy.. But then it shouldn't be for ever. Rise from the ashes whenever it feels like..

hero wero zero said...

Thanks @Ashish. Indeed it feels nostalgic to revisit an old poem after 10 years. Thanks for appreciation